Radiologic Technology Degree & Curriculum
Brookdale offers the following degree in Radiologic Technology. Click on the degree name to read more in our online catalog.
This program prepares students for entry-level positions in diagnostic imaging. Students work with patients, performing a full range of diagnostic radiographic procedures. Clinical experiences are required of all students. Graduates are employed by hospitals, clinics, diagnostic imaging centers, and physician’s offices. Upon completion of the Radiologic Technology Program, students will be eligible to sit for the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists examination in Radiography. After successful completion of this examination and application to the Board of Radiologic Technology Examiners, the graduate is also eligible for state licensure.
Radiologic Technology Programs Passing Grade is 74% or better in order to pass RADT course.
Specific admission criteria for the program are outlined in the Admission and Registration section of the catalog. Separate policies exist for the Radiologic Technology Program, including grading.
Graduates of this program will be able to:
- Perform radiography procedures at a clinically competent level for an entry-level radiographer
- Communicate effectively with patients and peers
- Use critical thinking to achieve appropriate procedure outcomes
- Demonstrate professional and ethical behaviors as a health care provider
- Didactic and Clinical Competency Requirements—effective Jan. 1, 2022
Brookdale Community College is an Equal Opportunity educational institution. In order to promote this goal, the College makes positive efforts to ensure equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability or veteran status.
- The program is accredited by the Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology, 20 North Wacker Drive, Suite 900, Chicago, Illinois 60606, (312) 704-5300 www.jrcert.org, and the Radiologic Technology Board of Examiners, 25 Artic Parkway, Trenton, NJ 08625, Phone (609) 984-5890.
Transfer Agreements by Academic Program: Articulation Agreements are formal agreements between Brookdale and other colleges and universities. These agreements define how the courses you complete at Brookdale will apply to your future bachelor’s degree when you transfer into a baccalaureate program.