Become an S-STEM Scholar! S-STEM Scholars is an NSF-sponsored scholarship program designed to increase the number of students pursuing degrees in Math, Chemistry, Computer Science, Physics, and Engineering. The program will prepare you to excel upon completion of your degree at Brookdale and transfer to a 4-year institute. Through this program, you will meet professionals in your field, explore career paths, and develop leadership skills. Scholars share a cohort experience, participate in mentoring, and have additional academic support in mathematics from Precalculus through Calculus II. As an S-STEM Scholar, you will receive a stipend each semester to free you from some financial burden and allow additional time to pursue academics and co-curricular activities.
This program is about developing your potential as a future STEM leader. If it sounds like an opportunity you would like to pursue, then apply below! Please read the program requirements before applying.
Requirements to be an S-STEM Scholar:
- Pursuing a degree in Chemistry, Engineering, Math, Physics, or Computer Science
- Completed through Algebra 2 in high school
- Will be eligible for the Federal Pell Grant (Please file your FAFSA to find out if you are eligible for a Pell Grant. Visit our CCOG page for help filing your FAFSA)
- Recommendation from a high school teacher or counselor
- Submitted a Brookdale Community College Application (Please visit our Admissions page to submit your Brookdale application)
- Submitted an S-STEM Scholars Application (Please click the “Apply Now” button below)
Key Components of the program:
- $5,000 yearly stipend to cover expenses of attending college such as transportation, books, and other living expenses (Tuition will be covered by need-based grants)
- Cohort experience
- Academic support
- Summer program
- Leadership component
Brookdale received a National Science Foundation S-STEM grant to support S-STEM Scholars. Each S-STEM Scholar accepted into Brookdale’s program will receive financial and program support through completion of their associate degree at Brookdale.
We will be recruiting a cohort in 2021, 2022, and 2023 of 10 students each year who want to take advantage of the S-STEM Scholars program.