Disclaimer: The content on these webpages appears as a courtesy to site visitors and is for general informational purposes only. To obtain a copy of the official applicable policy or regulation, please contact Brookdale’s Public Records Custodian via the Public Records webpage of the Brookdale website at https://www.brookdalecc.edu/about/public-records
I. Title of Regulation
5.0032R Recognition of Student Achievement
II. Objective of Regulation
Publication of student achievement is designed to recognize the academic achievement of students and thus to provide increased motivation and incentive towards academic achievement.
Bylaws of the Board of Trustees, Section 1.3034(m)
IV. Regulation Statement
Brookdale recognizes student achievement. Such recognition occurs via the following:
A. Distinguished Scholar Award
1. Students are eligible for this award if they meet the following criteria:
a. They have a minimum 3.7 cumulative grade point average at graduation.
b. They have a 95% cumulative completion rate.
B. Dean’s List
1. It will be the responsibility of the Vice President for Learning to compile the Dean’s List at the conclusion of each long term for full-time students and annually for part-time students.
2. Students are eligible for Dean’s List if they meet the following criteria:
a. The student must be a matriculated student.
b. They are in good academic standing.
c. They have completed twelve college-level credits or more in any long term.
d. They have achieved a minimum grade point average of 3.5.
e. They have achieved a C grade or higher in every class.
3. Any grade of W or NC disqualifies a student from Dean’s List.
4. Foundational courses do not apply to Dean’s List consideration.
5. Dean’s List will be compiled immediately following the deadline for completion of INC grades. Grades changed after this deadline are ineligible for Dean’s List consideration.
6. Part-time students who have a total of at least 12 college-level credits from July to June, and have met the grading standards above are eligible for Part-time Dean’s List.
Students enrolled for 12+ college-level credits during the long terms, in the July to June period, would not be eligible for Part-time Dean’s List.
C. Letter of Recognition for Part-time Students
1. Students are eligible for a Letter of Recognition from the Vice President for Learning if they have met the following criteria:
a. They have a total of 6-11 college-level credits after a long term.
b. They have met the grading standards above.
2. The letter reinforces motivation by including the eligibility guidelines for Dean’s Lists.
The Vice President for Learning will provide the lists for publication to the Vice President for Student Success and to the Office of College Relations.
V. Responsibility for Implementation
Vice President for Learning
Approved: President 10/19/1979
Revised for corrected titles only: 6/28/2016
Revision Approved: President, 9/7/2018