Disclaimer: The content on these webpages appears as a courtesy to site visitors and is for general informational purposes only. To obtain a copy of the official applicable policy or regulation, please contact Brookdale’s Public Records Custodian via the Public Records webpage of the Brookdale website at https://www.brookdalecc.edu/about/public-records
5.0038R Acquisition and Loaning of Drafting Desks to Interior Design Students
I. Title of Regulation
5.0038R Acquisition and Loaning of Drafting Desks to Interior Design students.
II. Objective of Regulation
To outline the manner of acquiring and loaning drafting desks to students enrolled in the Interior Design program.
Bylaws of the Board of Trustees, Section 1.3034(l).
Carl D. Perkins Career and Technical Educational Act (Perkins Act); H.R. 2353 Strengthening Career and Technical Education for the 21st Century Act (July, 2018) Public Law No.:115-224.
IV. Regulation Statemen
Brookdale Community College (College) has acquired portable drafting desks for its Interior Design students through Perkins Grant Funding. The drafting desks were procured by the Humanities Institute utilizing approved College purchasing procedures through the College’s Purchasing Department via the submission of an E-Requisition. The Institute Dean, Humanities will process student drafting desk loan requests based on the requirements of the instructional program and availability of desks. The Institute Dean, Humanities will track and distribute the drafting desks assigned Interior Design students and ensure the drafting desks are returned in accordance with College Regulation.
To borrow a drafting desk from the College, a student must:
- be a currently registered Interior Design Student with no blocks on his/her record.
- have a current College Student ID number and email address.
- have another photo ID such as a driver’s license, passport or State ID.
- read, understand and abide by the College’s Acquisition and Loaning of Drafting
- sign a Drafting Desk Loan Agreement form. The student’s signature on the Loan Agreement form is an acknowledgement of his/her compliance with the College’s applicable Regulation and Loan Agreement.
- Only one drafting desk may be borrowed at a time.
- Availability is on first come, first serve basis.
- Drafting desks are available for one (1) full semester or term.
- Drafting desks must be returned by the last day of the semester or term, or if the
student withdraws from the College, or if instructed by the College. Returns will be made by scheduled appointments. Notice of the designated location for the return of a drafting desk, date and time will be provided by the College to the student in advance.
- Upon return, students should allow 15 minutes for the drafting desk to be checked in
by a College staff member who will verify that the drafting desk is in good condition
before the student leaves the building or designated drop-off location.
- Students borrowing a drafting desk are responsible for the safekeeping and return of
it in good condition. If a drafting desk is lost, stolen, or damaged, the student is
responsible for the cost of replacement or repair. The replacement cost is $100.00.
- Final class grade will be withheld for failure to return a drafting desk when due or if
payment for a fine levied is not rendered, a collection matter may be initiated.
V. Responsibility for Implementation
Institute Dean, Humanities
Approved: President, 03/26/2020