Disclaimer: The content on this webpage appears as a courtesy to site visitors and is for general informational purposes only. To obtain a copy of the official applicable policy or regulation, please contact Brookdale’s Public Records Custodian via the Public Records webpage of the Brookdale website at https://www.brookdalecc.edu/about/public-records
I. Title of Policy
In concurrence with the stated objectives in the philosophical platform of the College, Brookdale Community College seeks to assist each student to become more broadly educated and to develop improved interpersonal relationships. Participation in an organized student activities program will facilitate in accomplishing both of these objectives.
To facilitate such participation, the administration shall provide a comprehensive student activities program which, when appropriate, shall be developed in cooperation with other units of the College.
The student activities program shall meet the following criteria:
1. It shall be planned and implemented with maximum involvement of students.
2. It shall encompass social and cultural activities and coordinate with intramural and intercollegiate as well as various special purpose organizations developed in response to student interest.
3. It shall include diversity in planned activities.
4. The President shall have the authority to establish the structure for approving organizational activities which are to be recognized by the College.
5. The student activities program shall be supported, in part, by a student activities fee.