Disclaimer: The content on this webpage appears as a courtesy to site visitors and is for general informational purposes only. To obtain a copy of the official applicable policy or regulation, please contact Brookdale’s Public Records Custodian via the Public Records webpage of the Brookdale website at https://www.brookdalecc.edu/about/public-records
I. Title of Policy
2.9004 Assessment of Institutional Effectiveness
II. Objective of Policy
Consistent with its Mission, Vision, Values and Strategic Priorities, Brookdale Community College will engage in systematic assessment and continuous improvement of institutional effectiveness.
Brookdale’s Mission and Values, Title IV Higher Education Opportunity Act 2008; 20 USC Chapter 28, Subchapter IV: Student Assistance; NJS 9A; NJ Administrative Code, Title 9A, Chapter 1 (9A:1-1.3 Licensure).
IV. Policy Statement
In order to ensure that Brookdale Community College fulfills its Mission, maintains fidelity to its Values, and complies with the standards set by the United States Department of Education and its accrediting body, The College shall engage in systematic evaluation of the effectiveness and efficiency of:
- the fulfillment of the Mission, Vision, Values, Strategic Priorities and goals to ensure they are appropriate and attainable.
- the ethical implementation of the college’s policies, practices and that they are appropriate and executed with integrity.
- student achievement of knowledge, skills, and abilities in academic programs commensurate with the college’s mission and rigor appropriate for the degrees or certificates conferred.
- student services provided to support student persistence, completion, student learning and student success.
- the College’s planning and resource allocation as well as the structures for alignment with the fulfillment of the Mission, Vision, Values and Strategic Priorities.
- the governance structures, leadership and appropriate leadership in decision making.
The President shall report areas of focus for continuous improvement to the Board of Trustees on an annual basis.
V. Responsibility for Implementation
Approved: Board of Trustees, 12/19/2023
View / download for printing