Disclaimer: The content on these webpages appears as a courtesy to site visitors and is for general informational purposes only. To obtain a copy of the official applicable policy or regulation, please contact Brookdale’s Public Records Custodian via the Public Records webpage of the Brookdale website at https://www.brookdalecc.edu/about/public-records
I. Title of Regulation
II. Objective of Regulation
To provide a check on the registration process that assures the total course load is consistent with professional judgment, in terms of the student’s ability to meet the needs of his/her schedule.
Bylaws of the Board of Trustees, Section 1.3034(m)
IV. Regulation Statement
A. Long Terms
1. A degree student (one who enrolls in a program leading to a degree or certificate, has submitted all of the required application forms and transcripts, and has taken the placement test) is permitted to take up to 16 credits with the approval of his/her Student Development Specialist.
Registrations exceeding this credit limit must receive special authorization from the student’s Student Development Specialist.
2. A non-degree student (one who is not enrolled in a program leading to a degree or certificate) may not register for more than 11 credits.
B. Short Terms
1. All students can register for up to 7 credits, or 8 credits if a student is registering for only two courses.
2. Registrations exceeding this credit limit must be approved by the student’s Student Development Specialist.
C. Concurrent Terms
1. At any given point in time, a degree student’s total credits in all terms combined should not exceed 16 credits. Registrations exceeding this credit limit must be approved by the student’s Student Development Specialist.
2. At any given point in time a non-degree student’s total credits in all terms should not exceed 11 credits.
V. Responsibility for Implementation
Vice President for Educational Services
Approved: President 11/21/72