Disclaimer: The content on this webpage appears as a courtesy to site visitors and is for general informational purposes only. To obtain a copy of the official applicable policy or regulation, please contact Brookdale’s Public Records Custodian via the Public Records webpage of the Brookdale website at https://www.brookdalecc.edu/about/public-records
I. Title of Policy
Post-Construction Stormwater Management in New Development and Redevelopment
[Supplement to this Policy: NJDEP Post-Construction Program Design Checklist for Individual Projects]
II. Objective of Policy
It is the purpose of this Brookdale Community College Administrative Policy to establish minimum stormwater management requirements and controls for all new “major development,” on campus as defined in Section II.
This mechanism accomplishes the following:
1. Adopts (and incorporates by reference) for such projects the applicable design and performance standards (including maintenance requirements) established under N.J.A.C. 7:8 for major development, and the storm drain inlet design standard in Attachment C: “Design Standard – Storm Drain Inlets” of the NJDEP NJPDES Public Complex Stormwater General Permit (NJG0155187);
2. Requires that all such projects be designed to comply with these design and performance standards and this storm drain inlet design standard; and
3. Requires that BCC’s “Post-Construction Program Design Checklist for Individual Projects” be completed before each project’s construction is approved.
Municipal Land Use Law, N.J.S.A. 40:55D-1 et seq.
Right to Farm Act, N.J.S.A. 4:1C-1 et seq.
New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection.
New Jersey Pollutant Discharge Elimination System.
IV. Policy Statement
A. All New Development and Redevelopment Projects within Brookdale property shall evaluate their respective applicability to the following:
1. Compliance with the applicable design and performance standards established under N.J.A.C. 7:8 for major development at BCC, unless:
a. Those standards do not apply because of a variance or exemption granted under N.J.A.C. 7:8; or
b. Alternative standards are applicable under an area wide or Statewide Water Quality Management Plan adopted in accordance with N.J.A.C. 7:15.
2. When applicable under N.J.A.C. 7:8, ensure adequate long-term operation and maintenance of BMPs at BCC. This can include but may not be limited to preparing a project maintenance plan in accordance with N.J.A.C. 7:8-5.8, where applicable.
3. All new stormwater management measures which are created in part or as a result of compliance with N.J.A.C. 7:8 must be managed and maintained in accordance with the College’s Public Complex Stormwater General Permit (NJG0155187).
4. Compliance, where applicable, with standards set forth in Attachment C of the College’s Public Complex Stormwater General Permit (NJG0155187) to control passage of solid and floatable materials through storm drainage inlets.
5. Projects that do not require any Department permits (the term “permit”, in this case, shall include transition are waivers under the Freshwater Wetlands Protection Act) under the Flood Hazard Area Control Act (N.J.S.A. 58:16A-50 et seq.), Freshwater Wetlands Protection Act (N.J.S.A. 13:9B-1 et seq.), Coastal Area Facility Review Act (N.J.S.A. 13.9-1 et seq.), or Waterfront and Harbor Facilities Act (N.J.S.A. 12:5-3) are not considered “new development or redevelopment projects” if construction began prior to the implementation deadline for this SBR, or if the projects went to bid prior to the date on which the permittee received authorization under this permit.
B. Requirements for N.J.A.C. 7:8 applicable individual projects:
1. For all major development projects, the NJDEP “Post Construction Design Checklist for Individual Projects” must be completed prior to each new construction project approval.
2. This checklist has been included as an Appendix to this document.
Any person who erects, constructs, alters, repairs, converts, maintains, or uses any building structure or land in violation of this policy shall be subject to a revocation of their construction contract, where applicable.
Where applicable, if the provisions of any section, subsection, paragraph, subdivision, or clause of this Policy shall be judged invalid by a court or competent jurisdiction, such order of judgment shall not affect or invalidate the remainder of any section, subsection, paragraph, subdivision, or clause of this policy.
V. Responsibility for Implementation
Approved: Board of Trustees 4/12/2007