Disclaimer: The content on this webpage appears as a courtesy to site visitors and is for general informational purposes only. To obtain a copy of the official applicable policy or regulation, please contact Brookdale’s Public Records Custodian via the Public Records webpage of the Brookdale website at https://www.brookdalecc.edu/about/public-records
I. Title of Policy
Adoption, review, and amendment of the Mission, Vision, Values, and Strategic Priorities of Brookdale Community College
II. Objective of Policy
To establish a process for the adoption, review, and amendment of the Mission, Vision, Values, and Strategic Priorities of Brookdale Community College.
N.J.S.A. 18A:64A-1 et seq; Board of Trustee Bylaw 1.2050.
IV. Policy Statement
A. Mission, Vision, and Values of Brookdale Community College
1. The Board of Trustees (“The Board”) acknowledges that the College’s Mission Statement shall be as follows: Brookdale Community College empowers a diverse community by providing open access to high-quality and cost-effective educational and lifelong learning options with clear paths to personal, educational, and economic success.
2. The Board of Trustees acknowledges that the College’s Vision Statement shall be as follows: Brookdale, the County College of Monmouth, is a dynamic community college system committed to student success, lifelong learning, economic development and the common good of society. Brookdale plays a transformative role in our community, providing educational, cultural and professional programs and offerings to enable, empower and inspire all community members to fulfill their aspirations to the best of their ability.
3. The following values guide the Brookdale community in the fulfillment of our Mission; each being of equal weight and importance:
a. Educational excellence through engagement, assessment and innovation
b. Economic empowerment through access, opportunity, and entrepreneurial partnerships
c. Institutional integrity through academic freedom, stewardship and accountability
d. Diversity through inclusivity, human equity and individual perspective
4. The Board shall annually review and endorse the Mission, Vision, and Values statements of the College. If the Board determines that there is a need to revise or amend the Mission, Vision, and/or Values statements, the President shall be directed to conduct a College-wide review and present recommended changes to the Board.
B. Strategic Priorities
1. The Board shall develop its Strategic Priorities during their annual Spring Retreat.
2. The Board in collaboration with the President shall develop specific goals for the President, in alignment with the Strategic Priorities, by the May Board of Trustee’s Public Business Meeting.
3. The President shall work with the Senior Executive Leadership Team to ensure that the College’s annual goals are aligned with the Board’s Strategic Priorities.
V. Responsibility for Implementation
Board of Trustees.
Approved: Board of Trustees, 03/26/2019
Ratified: Board of Trustees, 01/28/2020
Ratified: Board of Trustees, 01/26/2021