Disclaimer: The content on these webpages appears as a courtesy to site visitors and is for general informational purposes only. To obtain a copy of the official applicable policy or regulation, please contact Brookdale’s Public Records Custodian via the Public Records webpage of the Brookdale website at https://www.brookdalecc.edu/about/public-records
I. Title of Regulation
Beer and Wine on Campus at Student-sponsored Events
II. Objective of Regulation
To regulate conditions under which beer and wine can be sold and/or consumed on campus at student-sponsored events, and to ensure that all legal requirements, state and local, are adhered to.
Board of Trustees Policy No. 6.8000
IV. Regulation Statement
The Student Services Board will be allowed to request approval to serve beer and wine for on-campus student-sponsored events. The following is the procedure to obtain approval:
A. The chairman of the Student Services Board will make a request 30 days in advance of the event by submitting a facilities request form, a food service request form, a beer and wine request form, and an application for one-day permit to the Associate Director of Student Life and Activities.
B. The Director of Student Life and Activities will sign the forms indicating his approval. These forms will then be forwarded to the Dean of EnrollmentDevelopment and Student Affairs, the Executive Vice President for Educational Services, and to the President for final approval.
C. The President will make his decision, and the Director of Student Life and Activities will be so notified.
D. The Director of Student Life and Activities will notify the sponsoring organization that their request has been approved.
E. The Director of Student Life and Activities will then give the beer and wine use form and the completed one-day permit application to the Director of Dining Services.
F. The Director of Student Life and Activities will be responsible for arranging a meeting between the Director of Dining Services and the sponsoring organization at least 10 days prior to the event.
1. The members of the sponsoring organization and the staff of Student Life and Activities will be responsible for the supervision of events where beer and wine are to be dispensed excluding the bar area which will be maintained by the Director of Dining Services.
2. At least one Brookdale Community College police officer shall be present during the event where beer and wine are being sold. Where beer and wine are free of charge, the Director of Student Life and Activities will determine if a Brookdale Community College police officer is needed.
H. Sales and Consumption
1. The sales and consumption of beer and wine shall be limited to specific events in the Student Life Center unless special approval is given by the President.
2. At all events food of some kind and non-alcoholic beverages must be available.
3. No one will be allowed to leave the building with any unconsumed beer or wine in his/her possession.
4. The State of New Jersey, Department of Law and Public Safety, Division of Alcoholic Beverage Control prohibits anyone from bringing his/her own alcoholic beverage to any event for which a permit has been issued.
5. The Director of Dining Services shall be responsible for all matters related to the sales and service of beer and wine as well as obtaining a one-day permit from the Division of Alcoholic Beverage Control.
6. Where the Student Services Board wishes to sponsor an event at which beer and wine are free of charge, all beer and wine will be purchased through the Manager of Food Services at cost.
V. Responsibility for Implementation
Approved: President 2/14/77
Revision President Approved: 11/28/78
Revision President Approved: 10/28/80